Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Critique of 10 Peers' Images.

1) Jon Brunn, Image 7 of 30. I really like the focus and detail in this image. The detail in the feathers is an especially attractive feature of this photo. I think I would like the photo more if it were cropped on the left. In my opinion, it may be a more interesting image to look at if the duck were more to the left looking inward. The feet aren't completely in focus but that isn't a huge deal with this image.

2) Brandon Haggard, Image 21 of 25. I really like that there are 3 bison in this photo. I especially like that they are all looking inward. One of my favorite aspects is that you can see the steam of the animals' breaths. It is unfortunate that only two of the three are lit by the sunlight. The lighting sort of puts that third bison in the background. If I were editing this, I probably wouldn't have cropped in quite as much (if possible). However, I think this is a very good picture of bison.

3) Zach Witt, Image 4 of 30. This is a great landscape picture. I really like the layers. I like how the meadows in the middle are nicely lit while the clouds are darkened so they aren't overbearing. I really like the color as well. Landscape images are easy to mess up with on the color but this image looks like it would in person. I might have cropped in from the right to get some of that tree in the lower right out or partially out of the image.

4) Tyler Reed, Image 3 of 30. The focus in this photo is well done. The background is out of focus, allowing the viewer to dedicate his/her focus to what is most important in the photograph. I might have cropped off some of the left portion so that the subject wasn't looking out of the frame. I like how the color of the background really complements the coloring of the subject. This is probably the best image Tyler Reed has ever had the pleasure of capturing and editing.

5) Melinda Obritschkewitsch, Image 24 of 30. I really enjoy looking at this picture. I like how the branches pull you through the picture in a circle. I also like the green moss down in the lower left. One thing I don't really like, which is somewhat unavoidable, is the bright yellow leaf right in the middle. It is sort of distracting. The contrast is nice in this picture.

6) Nathan McKenty, Image 3 of 30. I really love the blurred trees on the sides of this image while the landscape in the background is in focus. It adds that interesting element of movement. I like how the sky is darkened out. However, I wish the focused portion was more bright. The photo seems dull, overall. Perhaps more contrast and vibrance could help with this issue.

7) Anton Larsson, Image 13 of 30. This is a really great reflective image. I really like how the reflection is slightly distorted by the water, but it is still fairly clear. I really like the color in this image. It looks as if a graduated filter may have been used. If not, either way, the sky is a really good color and it's not overbearingly bright.

8) Tiffanie Pope, Image 12 of 30. I really like the simplicity of this image. I think black and white was a very good choice. I like how the silhouettes are in pretty good focus, but the wings are slightly bird. It gives a good element of motion. I also like how Tiffanie used the rule of thirds and placed the birds in the right third and it looks like they are flying inward in the image.

9) Nancy Robinson, Image 5 of 31. I really like this image as a whole. I really love how the water is blurred out nicely, giving that element of flow. I also really like how trees fully frame each side of this image. It is nice that most of the snow is not blown out, and the trees in the background have good lighting. This image has great layers as well, which contribute to its overall appeal.

10) Shelby Jurewicz, Image 14 of 30. The focus in this image is spot on. You can see the details of the eagle perfectly while the background is blurred out nicely. It is good that the bird's eye is in the upper third area, putting it in a good subject location. I would like to see more background. The eagle takes up too much of the frame. However, that may have not been a possibility. You never know what distracting object lies just beyond the crop line.











No comments:

Post a Comment